Latest News

Russia claims that the drone attack by Ukraine on an oil depot violates the proposed ceasefire

Russia's Foreign Ministry said Thursday that Ukraine has already violated the proposed ceasefire in energy sites during the three-year war by attacking an oil depot.

According to Russia's TASS News Agency, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on state television Channel One, that it was up the United States to confront Ukraine for its actions, as they had proposed the ceasefire.

The Kremlin announced this week that Russian president Vladimir Putin agreed to a 30-day truce on energy targets during a phone call with Donald Trump, his U.S. counterpart. The agreement fell short of the wider agreement sought by the U.S. and accepted by Ukraine for a 30-day blanket truce.

Regional authorities reported on Telegram that firefighters in southern Russia are still fighting a fire at an oil depot, which was sparked by a drone attack from Ukraine.

Zakharova, according to TASS, said that she believed the Kyiv government had already violated the ceasefire proposal by the U.S. President.

"Now, the question is: - You will forgive me – how is Washington going handle this terrorist scum that has gone crazy? How will they put these terrorists in their place, and get them back on track?

Officials in Ukraine have accused Russia of not living up to their promises by attacking civilian targets.

On Wednesday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy stated that the Russian attacks on infrastructure including hospitals and railway equipment showed "Putin’s words are different from reality".

Zakharova described earlier the attack on oil depots as a "provocation", and a Ukrainian attempt to undermine peace initiatives.

Authorities in southern Russian region Krasnodar reported that a Ukrainian drone had caused an fire at an oil storage depot near the village Kavkazskaya. The depot is the rail terminal for Russian oil supplies that are sent to a pipeline connecting Kazakhstan with the Black Sea.

In a statement released by the Krasnodar Region authorities on Thursday night, they said that efforts are being made to control the fire.

In a statement, it was stated that 429 firefighters had been assigned to the task of tackling the 3,750 sq. m. (40.400 sq. ft.) fire. Reporting by Guy Faulconbridge; Editing by Ron Popeski, Jamie Freed and Guy Faulconbridge

(source: Reuters)