Latest News

Media report power outages in Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia area, controlled by Russia

Kommersant reported that the?Russian-installed governor Yevgeny Balitsky said Friday that emergency blackouts were occurring in the 'Russia-controlled region of Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia.

According to Kommersant, he did not provide any further details but said that critical infrastructure worked as usual.

Vladimir Saldo said in Telegram that nine areas were cut off from the grid following drone attacks.

Local authorities reported on Telegram that in the early morning hours of Friday, Russian defence systems worked to repel drone attacks over Moscow and the Yaroslavl Region?in the north.

Sergei Sobyanin, the Mayor of Moscow, said in Telegram that four drones heading for Moscow had been downed, and that emergency services had been deployed. He did not provide any further details. Local governors said that there were no casualties reported in the areas of Yaroslavl or Leningrad.

The drones also targeted the large?Russian infrastructure for energy in all three regions earlier this week. Interfax, citing the?defence ministry, reported that Russia had downed 217 drones in total?overnight.

Ukrainian police reported on Telegram that eleven people, including a 13-year old boy, were injured by Russian drone and shelling attacks in Ukraine's Sumy region.

Could not independently verify the reports of military activities. (Reporting and editing by Kim Coghill, Kate Mayberry and Jekaterina Glubkova from Tokyo)

(source: Reuters)